Trinity Lutheran Church|
Where Jesus' Voice is Heard, Proclaimed and Lived
N60 W6047 Columbia Road
Cedarburg, WI 53012
News & Announcements
Trinity's COVID-19 Policy
The Church Council has put forth a policy for safe indoor meetings.
There are signs on all the doors of the church, as well as signs
about our online worship. That policy is: Wear a mask, social
distance and sanitize surfaces after use. We are currently not holding worship services indoors. Once dates and details have been worked out, information about indoor worship will be emailed and sent out.
Quilt and Kit Sunday
Sunday, Oct. 4, will be Quilt and Kit Sunday, a service of blessing and a send-off of personal care/school kits and quilts to help comfort and care for God's people around the world. Even though we have not been able to meet for much of this year, we still
support Lutheran World Relief. This year we will send 116 school kits and 67
personal care kits. Our quilters haven't been able to meet as a group until
very recently, but they still managed to make 100 quilts to send. Many
thanks to all of you who helped to make this a reality with your monetary
contributions. Thanks also to the quilt ladies who took home quilts to work
Notes From The Music Ministry
During the last few weeks many of us have gathered in the lower parking lot for our
Sunday Outdoor Services. Thanks to social distancing and mask wearing we were
able to worship, pray and sing together. Many thanks to Bob Maronde for playing
guitar for all of our outdoor services as well as for offering a prelude on his bagpipes
on Sept. 27.
With colder weather returning, Worship Committee and Council will have discussions as
to how to move forward. Current recommendations strongly advise against any singing
in enclosed spaces. For those of you who enjoy singing hymns, I would like to offer a
chance to take part in hymn sing sessions via Zoom on Wednesday evenings from
7:30 to 8pm, beginning Oct. 7. Linda will send out a link that will allow you to join.
Choir and I had a few of these sessions this past spring -- the way it works is everyone
except me is on mute while we sing, so you only hear yourself and me playing the
piano and possibly singing. Having a hymnal at home will be very useful -- if you
currently don't have one, I invite you to pick one up at the church. You would be most
welcome to request your favorite hymns to be sung. There will also be a chance to
catch up with each other via Zoom, before or after the meeting or both.
May God's peace and blessings be with you all during this difficult time.
Outdoor Worship Services
Weather permitting, we are meeting for outdoor worship services Sundays at 9am for the time being. The precautions for the outdoor services include:
- If you are interested in attending, we encourage you to call (262-377-0610) or email the office (email@example.com) by 10am of the Friday before the outdoor service to reserve a place in worship. This will allow us to see how many of you will be attending. Please leave a phone number or email by which we can contact you on Friday if we need to cancel the service.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- If inclement weather is predicted, we will contact you on Friday to let you know that the service is canceled.
- Half of the lower parking lot can be used for parking your car. However, we encourage you to use the upper parking lot or street if you can.
- Masks are worn -- if you don't have one, one will be provided.
- Chairs are placed on the lower parking lot at least 10 feet apart. If you wish for more chairs to sit as a family, the chair rack will be placed outside the lower education wing.
- There is a sanitizing station set up, if you wish to sanitize your hands before the service.
- The service includes communion. Pastor Brent is the only person distributing the elements, and there is one table up front. You are asked to walk up front individually or as a family unit maintaining physical distancing from others.
- Two verses of the hymns are sung while wearing your masks.
- The service lasts no more than 30 minutes.
- The door to the building is propped open and the restrooms are available for one person to use at a time (1 male and 1 female).
- At the conclusion of the service, please observe physical distancing and other precautions as you leave.
We hope that this will work well for us as a means to come together for worship -- even in this limited way. Also, keep in mind that we will continue offering online worship services as well. We will record the traditional service for all Sundays EXCEPT the Sunday following the second Saturday of the month. For the second Saturday of the month, we will record the Holden Evening Prayer service, which will also be available for worship on Sunday morning.
Loose Change Offerings
October loose change will go to school supplies for kits for Lutheran World Relief.
Back To Top Of Page